By using or accessing the My College Guide website, you agree to the following:
On the Web site or in connection with My College Guide in any way, you shall not post or transmit:
- harassing or offensive language
- information which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights
- information protected by copyright or trademark law
- any information with a virus or worm or Trojan or the like
- sexual references
- unlawful information
- indecent information
- false representations
- any information or material for commercial purposes
- any email addresses or solicit private messages or email communications from other members.
- Will not use My College Guide to collect personally identifiable information.
- Will not attempt multiple registrations or misrepresent yourself.
- Will not attempt to re-register if you have been banned in the past by My College Guide.
- Agree that you and not My College Guide are responsible for all content that you download or upload or make available through our site and you may be exposed to content that is objectionable. My College Guide has no obligation to monitor Message Boards or Chat Rooms although we reserve the right to do so.
- Agree that any Content provided by My College Guide is for general informational use only and is not intended to be relied upon by you as specific advice for your own situation.
- Agree to not post links to discussion forums, blogs, personal sites or other non-authoritative sources.
II. My College Guide
- May access and disclose your account information and content generated or received by you if required by law or if we deem necessary in our sole discretion to enforce these terms or response to claims that content violates the rights of third parties or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of My College Guide, its users and the public.
- Hereby informs you that MY COLLEGE GUIDE SITE IS PROVIDED ON “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
All content of any type included on this site, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, software, icons, images, downloads and compilations is the property of My College Guide protected by copyright laws.
My College Guide, our logo, MCG, and any other marks of any kind used on our sites are trademarks of My College Guide and are protected by trademark laws.
V. LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
My College Guide grants you (a) limited revocable license to access and make personal use of its Web sites and (b) a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of My College Guide. This license does not include any commercial use, any derivative use, any downloading, copying of account information or use of data gathering and extraction tools. Any unauthorized use automatically terminates this license.
In connection with the license you shall not:
- Download (other than page caching), copy or reproduce in whole or any part of any graphic, image or other content.
- Modify the web site.
- Use “hidden text” utilizing My College Guide’s name or trademarks.
- Copy or sell any portion of the web site.
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark or proprietary information of My College Guide.
- Use any My College Guide logo or proprietary graphic or trademark.
VI. INDEMNIFICATION, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree to indemnify and hold My College Guide and its employees, officers, directors and agents harmless from any damages in connection which any breach by you of any obligation herein, in concluding the payment of reasonable attorneys fees.
Under no circumstances will My College Guide be liable in any way for any information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”) publicly posted which Content will be the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. My College Guide is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources (known as “links”), and is not responsible for content or other information from the links. My College Guide shall have no liability to you, directly or indirectly, for any damage or injury to any person or property caused by or related to the use of any such Content or goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. My College Guide does not guarantee the accuracy of any Content, including Content posted by us.
MY COLLEGE GUIDE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MY COLLEGE GUIDE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Without notice, My College Guide may immediately terminate your My College Guide account and access to the Service. Such termination is within the sole discretion and judgment of My College. Termination may be caused by any breach of this agreement, engagement by you in illegal conduct or dishonest conduct, our decision to end or change the Service, requests from authorities, period of inactivity or other reasons in My College Guide’s sole discretion.
Any reference to the “Service”, “Message Boards” and “Chat Rooms” will refer to the Community and forums, the MCG poll, and any other areas of the site that now or in the future permit users to make postings or other submit any content or information.
When using My College Guide, please be certain that anything you disclose does not compromise your personal safety. Do not provide your name, phone number, social security number or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know. Do not continue any conversation online that makes you feel uncomfortable. Please report any incidents of harassment or attempts to discover personal information to the moderators.