How will you pay for college? There are all sorts of financial aid options out there, like merit scholarships and legacy scholarships, but if you’ve been confused as to where to find free money for college, My College Guide is here to help!
As soon as your state’s FAFSA acceptance date opens up for the period when you plan on attending college, you should “get ‘er done” as they say — but long before that date arrives, you can begin the college scholarship hunt!
You can begin with a scholarship search website where you can find many scholarships, from those based on your intended major to your hobbies, and even the downright unusual scholarships, in a relatively short amount of time.
We compiled a little list of college scholarship websites to give you a head start in the right direction. Before you dig in, you might want to familiarize yourself with knowing how to spot a scholarship scam “just in case.”
If we missed a scholarship site that you enjoy using, please feel free to add it to the comments section below. Otherwise, consider subscribing to My College Guide via RSS feed or email to stay on top of everything college!
- Fastweb, Scholarships.com, Super College: Scholarship Tips From Pros in the Know
- Find Free Money For College or Scholarship Resources You May Not Know About
- HOW TO: Avoid Scholarship Scams
- 8 Great Scholarship Search Sites to Check Out
- Four Steps to Make the Most Out of Your Scholarship Searches