What is Business Administration? Why, it’s only the perfect fit for those with a head for business, the ability to get and stay organized, and the people skills to match! You’ll be in charge of leading people, organizing data, and developing plans that will get the job done in whatever business sector you choose.
What is Business Administration?
Business administration is simply managing the operations of a business, large or small. Your task is to manage the people and day to day operations to ensure the company or organization meets a set or series of targeted goals.
What Does a Business Administrator Do All Day?
Communicate, communicate, communicate. You’ll be working with people inside the company and out! You may be hiring in new help, organizing and delegating to various lower-level employees, and being the team leader responsible for meeting company goals and mandates. Budgeting and heavy-math can be a big part of the job of a business administrator!
Online Business Administration Programs
For students seeking more flexibility, a number of accredited universities now offer Business Administration degrees through online study.
Some of the more popular universities offering online business degrees are listed by degree type below.
Associate Degrees in Business Administration:
- Colorado Tech (Business Administration, Healthcare Administration)
- Florida Tech (Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting)
- Kaplan University (Sales, Accounting, Retail Management)
- Rasmussen College (Human Resources, Management)
Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration:
- Rasmussen College (Accelerated Programs in Management, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Business Systems)
- Ashford University (Business Information Systems, HR Management, Business Economics, eMarketing)
- Colorado Tech (Business, International Business, Management, Marketing, Project Management, HR)
- Grand Canyon University (Entrepreneurship, Applied Management)
- Liberty University (Finance, Financial Planning, Green & Sustainable Management)
If you still haven’t found the right college, give our Online College Search tool a try.
Business Administrator Skills
If you find yourself asking, “What is Business Administration” and “Would it be a good fit for me?” You should know what handy basic skills business admins should possess! Your personal skill set should include at least the following characteristics to help ensure your business administration success:
- Good Communication Skills
- Great Multi-Tasking
How to Get There
Lucky for you, when it comes to what is business administration, you’ve got options. You can work toward a bachelor’s degree in business administration which will let you go further in your career! Expand the range of companies for which you can work as well as the sheer size of the company with a degree in business administration.
You’ll choose from a few different concentrations in order to focus on the area of business administration that fits your career aspirations. From big company to little, you’ll have plenty of options.
These specializations may include accounting, human resource management, marketing, finance, and even real estate—to name a few. As you can see, business administration is something that most every business needs!
Business Administration Courses
What is business administration? If you decide to major in business administration, you will take a variety of classes that may include projects, presentations, workshops, and even seminars featuring experts in the field, who will be sure to clue you in. These will prepare you for the demands of the job!
Who We Are: Information you can trust. For more than 20 years, My College Guide has provided information to help students find the best college degree and career for them. Now that you know what is business administration, get information on how a degree this degree can help you find the right career for you!
Subscribe to our blog via RSS or email and stay on top of everything college!
- Business Administration Degree: What to Expect After You Graduate
- Top 5 Tips For Making the Most of Business College Online
- 4 Flexible Online Master’s Degrees
- Get Your Medical Degree Online: What You Need To Know
- 5 Online Degree Programs That Will Really Pay Off